Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crying it out is hard on the ears.

So we're working on getting Henry to go to bed on his own. It's awful. As I'm writing now he's screaming upstairs "Mama! AAAAAAAAA! Mama!AAAAAAAAAA" Talk about a guilt trip! "Mama" ? Really, Henry? Only when you cry? Boo. We've tried to let him cry for 20-30 minutes, go rock and cuddle for 30, repeat. He used to be out by ten minutes in the rock, but that wore off and now he just cries through that too. So we're trying the jerk method. He's just going to cry until he's done. So far it had been a screeching 25 minutes. I didn't realize how frustrating this part of parenting can be. Henry is very strong willed at times, and that usually comes out at nap/sleep time. You just feel helpless as a parent while you sit and wait for him to fall asleep. A little NyQuil anyone? It's now been 30 minutes. There are little breaks, but he'll start back up again. Please dear Lord, hear my prayer- give that poor baby a good night's rest! And if You are just handing 'em out, I'll take one too!
ooh- 35 minutes.... and it's quiet.... for now!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, poor sweet baby Henry I hope you can settle into a good sleeeping pattern soon!

I know it's hard to hear him cry, I'll send you some earplugs!

auntkasey said...

Gracias. Last night he finally went down, I walk upstairs, and smell it... poop. I go in his room and his sheet is covered from puke (bc he does that when he poops) and so I have to wake him up, get him out of bed, change diaper and jammies and strip his bed. Frick. So I gave up and he slept with us. He couldn't have been happier!

Valerie said...

Ahhh! You can't start that!!! You'll never have another one!

Gigi and Peeps said...

This too shall pass....I know it is hard. Most important is remember who is the boss. That is one of the hard ones cause it is so much easier at the moment to give in.

No one told you that motherhood isn't for sissy's did they?

Hang in there kiddo...I'll pray for all of you to have rest and peace about it. Love you guys!