Monday, May 31, 2010

Henry's Funny for the Day!

Yesterday Henry was just on. The three of us were outside cutting down the big green monster in the front yard and anytime we would stop Hen was saying something hilarious. Here are a few quotes:

me (in the car on the way home from Sams)- "We can start cutting now, or we could feed Henry and lay him down for a nap and then start."
Hen- "But I just woke up!" (which is not true. He had been awake for roughly 5 hours at this point)

While Rob and I were working Henry knocked my glass of ice water over, looked at me and froze, and then said, 'It's okay Mama. Accidents happen!'

Then when he was sitting in his high chair for lunch I asked him how things were going and without looking at me or missing a beat he said very dryly, "things are going great."

These may not be that funny if you weren't here, but we had a good laugh! I'll have before and after pictures of the yard work we've been doing over the past two days, but it will be a few more days before everything is cut and bundled and ready for yard trash day. This tree must have been in this yard since the house was built, because it was so freaking big! Really, truly a big, green monster. Now all of our neighbors have come over to comment on how different the block looks with it down! It was THAT big!!

No comments: