Saturday, August 19, 2006

So very tired

This week has been so very tiring. The kids are so wild. Discipline is obviously not part of the Californian vocab. I had a 1st grade class that was just a beating. Then recess duty makes me some what suicidal on a daily basis.
But I took Rob to see my library this week and it kinda made it feel better. I guess just being able to show him where I am and what I've been doing makes me feel like I have his support and appreciation. But it was a long, long week. I went to bed at 10 last night and then took a 3 hour nap today. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. I have a three day weekend coming up in Sept. and two weeks off in Oct. and Em and Mae are coming to see the place! I can't wait to have them out. I told Em on Friday, I just want to come home. I'm so worn out here physically and emotionally. the people are mean. they are just so absent mindedly ugly and arrogant, and liberal! God bless the south and all who live there. (Texas is technically considered southwest, but I think that only starts when you head towards El paso. On the louisiana side it can be considered "south") I cant wait to return. Do you know how long it's been since i've seen rain? real rain? it's been a long time. it doesn't rain here. it fogs. because we are so close to the ocean moisture doesn't build up enough to rain. so it fogs.
Well I could list a thousand things I miss, but it will only make me yearn for home so i won't.
the end.

No comments: