Tuesday, March 20, 2007

See spot run!

I'm a little nervous, and a bit hacked off at the moment. There has been a spot on my hip, a bit smaller than a pencil eraser, for something like a year. No big deal, little pink spot. Until I saw it a few days ago... same size, but darker. Call me a hypo, but I'm not one to play games with skin care issuses. If you had ever seen my grandfather's nose, or his father's, you would understand. So now the hacked off part, I call TriCare West (military insurance company) and say 'I need a dermo that you guys have sanctioned' them' there is only one in a 30 mile radius' me 'Goody. Can I have the number?' them ' Hang on......... You need to see Dr. Clark first for a referral.' me 'Not good. It's impossible to get him unless I'm dying.' them ' You should practice your cough...'
Why is it that we have to jump through ten hoops before we are allowed to maybe see a dr.? I don't even know if this lady is going to see me, but I have to go to Dr. Clark, get a referral, wait a week to see if TriCare will accept the referral, and then make an appointment with the derm. That just seems like too much. I feel if you are a dermo and I have a dermo problem, I should just be able to look you up and give you a ring. Like the dentist. Some people don't like the dentist, but I do. You find a dentist that accepts your insurance (which is next to nil in the military scene for some unknown reason) and call them. They schedule you and your done. I like that system. Anyway, my initial consultation with Dr. Clark is at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. I guess my cough was better than I thought...

No comments: