Monday, April 09, 2007

How great is our God?

Last week (well actually the past 2 months) was dedicated to our Easter event on Saturday. My partner in crime, Arlena, was away on a TDY assignment to Orlando for the past week. I should probably mention that I work in an office where people like to stress out. I don't actually know if they like to, but they do a lot! All week long I was also in charge of getting three of her four babies to there designated places. Call it a crash course in motherhood! Needless to say, my plate was very full. By the grace of God, I was actually feeling pretty good about everything until Friday when a very upset Arlena called and said 'I missed my connecting flight.' So instead of being in Monterey at 10 pm she would be in San Fran at midight! Then she had a two hour drive to get home! I was feeling the stress for her! I made it to the Chapel at 4:50 a.m. on Saturday to start setting up with Rob, she joined us at 5:30 after only 2 hours of sleep. The weatherman had said it was going to be '40% chance of light showers' but we put our trust in God, said a quick prayer, and went a head with our plans to set up outside. Boy did God answer! We had one of the nicest days in Monterey that I have seen so far! With that came 410 people! We both smiled and hugged and praised the Lord for such an amazing turn out. It brings tears to my eyes now to think back on what a blessing this event was!
Sunday, I was back at the Chapel at 6:15 a.m. to help set up for our Sunrise service. I thought I would surely pass out during CH Minjares' sermon. Not because he didn't do a great job, but I was beat! After lunch we went home and I took a nap and slept for about 3 hours before George was terrorizing the back door. There is no sleep to be had if George hasn't sanctioned it! Rob and I finally climbed into bed around 10:30 to be up at 5:45 this morning. I thought for sure I would be dragging in today after such an insane weekend, but I'm not. I feel like the little bit of sleep in comparison to the lotta bit of activity was for me like the loaves and the fishes. How great is our God that He would bless us so richly this weekend, and still let us wake up renewed?!

No comments: