Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Proud.

I can't really put into words my support for the men and women that serve our country. It's so much more than slogans and t-shirts and 4th of July. I am so grateful to those that put their lives on hold to go and do something that's greater than themselves. Think about that for a minute. They literally go off into the unknown so that you and I don't have to. They pack up their bags and leave everything for God knows how long to face God knows what so that our freedoms are always protected. The courage that takes is unimaginable to me.
I'm beyond honored to call one of these brave men my husband. I am so incredibly proud of him and the man that he is. He is crazy, and funny, and smart, and strong, and very much the love of my life. I am equally proud of the sacrifices he makes on behalf of our country. Rob leaves this Spring to go back into the sand box. To once again endure that atmosphere so that I will never have to know what it's like to not have the life I have. While Henry and I will miss him an almost unbearable amount, we are proud. We ask that you join us in supporting Rob. Be in prayer for his safety and quick return. Be in prayer for Henry and I here in Maryland while we wait for him to come home. Be in prayer for those like him and the families like ours.

3 comments:

Gigi and Peeps said...

We are all proud of Rob and so many others like him. And know that we do pray for all of you all the time. :)

auntkasey said...

Thanks! We can't wait to see you guys next month!

Brenda said...

We are so proud of Rob and love him very much......... Forty more days and Henry will be in Grammy's house. I am so excited. There's nothing better than to have all my kids together, I am even excited to see Ollie....lol