Thursday, November 02, 2006

"The Lord is a Geek."

Words of wisdom from the younger Drew Denham. My little brother is so funny. Not always in the 'haha' way, but always funny. Right now he's totally into the guitar. He's a total rock star! Which is really funny, because we should have seen it coming. There is a video of my chubby brother strumming a plastic guitar and singing 'Don't break my hort. My aachee breaaakeee hort. I jus don't thank he'll understand.' from years ago!
I was sitting in my office today thinking about what to put up on the Chaplain's bulletin board for Thanksgiving. I decided on a large cornacopia and in yellow cursive 'Give Thanks'. It looks very nice, but it immediately brought my little brother to mind. I love that kid. I am so thankful, looking back, that I had him growning up. He was so funny as a little boy. It's weird to think that he'll graduate next year (God willing). He seems like a whole different person when we go home now. Not quite a grown up, but definitely not my chubby baby brother. So I thought I would give him these words.
Little brother, I love you
and I always will.
Even though you're a freaking giant,
your my little brother still.
Although we are states away now,
And it seems like I am so far,
Call me if you need me
And I'll be there by plane,
By bus, or car.

LOVE YOU DREW!!

1 comment:

auntkasey said...

my little brother, ladies and gentlemen.