Wednesday, November 08, 2006

They wouldn't be walkin' in Texas...

















I took these pictures this morning outside the Chapel. Every single stinkin' morning there are close to ten gigantic wild turkeys gobble-gobblin' on our front steps. I told Inge, our secretary, 'They wouldn't be walking around this close to Thanksgiving where I come from!" I tell you, if I had the stomach to defeather one of these beasts I'd save myself a good $20 or $30! I guess I'll stick with the ones Alberston's or the Commisary provide free of feathers. And it's not just the turkeys. The deer back home made it a point to get across the street quick, fast and in a hurry. Not here. These deer are huge and will stand in the road and stare you down. They dare you to hit them. They'd probably find an enviro lawyer and end up driving your car off. Crazy Californians...
Six weeks until the homecoming!!!

No comments: