Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Magic Number

Since Rob left I have had a specific day in my mind of when he should be home by and the day when things will feel like they are almost over.
Rob and I were engaged in October of 2003 and planned to be married May 2004. Since our entire courtship consisted of seeing each other only two weekends every month due to the distance between us, and it felt like that day was never going to get here. And I counted every single day of the 229 days. Even going to school and working, sometimes 2 jobs, didn't make that time go by any faster. Until one day we were all together for some reason and Kathy Rainwater asked what day we were at. It was something like 58, and she told me 'Once it hits 50 it will fly by.' I took that to heart, mostly because I was desperate to have the chance to see Rob everyday! Low and behold, she was right. When day number 50 passed everything went into warp speed and I don't remember much from that day until we were landing in the Virgin Islands to be married the next afternoon.
I bet you can guess what day I've had in my mind for the last 193 days... Today the countdown dry erase board say '49 out of 242'! While Henry and I have been kept company here, and have enjoyed our time with family and friends, and friends that should be family, and meeting the latest additions to our family, I am excited for these days to start flying by and for Rob to be home. I've found over the last five years that it's really nice to see him everyday.
I'll keep you posted on the break neck speed I feel coming on!

No comments: