Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a Day.

Today has been a long one. After much anticipation, we did not get to close on the house this afternoon due to a goof up with the post office and some much needed paper work. After a day of phone calls our mortgage guy, John Councilman, was able to pull a rabbit out and God willing we will close tomorrow at 11. This is great news after the turmoil of the day! If anyone in Maryland is looking for the best, call John at AMC mortgage. He apparently is a miracle worker part time.
Anyway, the new twist in our home buying adventure has landed me at the Sheraton for the night with my gal pal Julie! That's a great bonus!! We're both really excited about tomorrow afternoon to see Greg, Aaron, and Johnny after a few months apart. It's amazing to me that we're all still friends. And I don't mean that ugly. I am amazed that God has granted me the opportunity to have such dear friends for over half of my life. We have all chosen different paths in life. Everyone else went and finished school, while I got married very young. Everyone started grown up jobs; being a mom, coaching, working, recruiting teachers for inner city kids, and even our very own secret service agent! We've spread out over four different states and are each leading incredible lives in their own way, but they are always apart of me where ever I go. Any time we are able to get together we make our best attempts, and while those are few and far between, and usually spent poking fun relentlessly at each other, they are precious times in my life. Only God would have brought us together, and I know that only He is keeping us together. Through our relationship with Him we formed relationships with each other and for that I am eternally grateful.

No comments: