Thursday, January 28, 2010

Funny for Yesterday

Yes, I know. I should have posted it yesterday.

Henry faked a nap yesterday for about an hour, but I had to go to the post office and to Sam's and continue working on this place so I didn't have time to fight him and make him take a real one. At the post office he was a little monster, getting into the boxes and pulling on all of the envelopes while I filled out a customs form. At Sam's he had no interest in standing by me while I picked up 1 picture. When we were leaving there he was crying "Mama! I wanna get in a buggy and go to sweep! I'm so tiiiired!" And by that point I was pretty tired too! So we got in the car and went across the street to ChickFilA so I could get a Dr. Pepper and while in the drive thru I opted against getting him a fruit cup for the car, because that would have been a disaster. Instead I got him a small vanilla milk shake. I parked the car so that I could put the straw in it and hand it to him and lecture him about taking the straw out or putting his hand in. He started sucking on the straw and when it finally gave him a little taste he looked at me with these super serious eyes and said "drive!" It was like 'this is too good for someone not to take it from me! get me out of here before they try!' The whole drive home all I heard from the back seat was "Oh this shake milk is good! Mmm. This is good shake milk!" So funny!

2 comments:

Emily said...

tell him aunt Emmy will make him his very own shake milk with m&ms in it when he comes to Texas!

auntkasey said...

That is it. I am going to Sam's right now (or when Rob brings the car back) and buying Mae the 32 count box of orange with yellow writtings I saw the other day.