Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Military Wives are Funny!

Some military wives are angry and bitter though. I was just introduced to SpouseBUZZ.com and read a really funny blog about how this Marine wife feels like an animal in the zoo. People always asking the "Is her spouse deployed?""When will he return?""Is it hard?" type of questions. This woman clearly has a sense of humor about the whole thing that is keeping her spirits a float, but the responses were even funnier! Some MilSpouses are just bitter! And I can say that, because I know there have been times and will be plenty more when the military tries to screw us, but it was very funny to see the way different women are handling there emotions.
I was at a party last Friday with a group of military wives from Chapel. It was probably the funnest thing I've been able to do in a long while. Hearing their stories about kids and dealing with kids while their husbands were deployed and dealing with finances while there husbands were gone. They all had a great sense of humor, like ' I knew what I was getting into, so there is no point in being bitter. Just laugh it off' and we did. I think that it's hard for civilians (funny to hear me call you a civilian, huh?), even those somehow connected to the military, to understand. These people that I just met on Friday and spent a few hours with felt like instant family and life long friends. It is just how it has to be. My sister was telling me how nice it has been to have mom there to help out with Maelie, and how it would be really hard to do it without her, but rest easy. In this life, we all become family very quickly. I could run through a list of people I have known less than 6 months here that I wouldn't think twice about intrusting something to.
Do I miss my family? You better believe it! But it's nice to know that in this life my new 'family' is growing and no matter where we go next it will only continue to grow.

No comments: