Friday, October 27, 2006

Light in the Night

Right now I have clocked more hours doing tiny, little-bitty things for our fall festival than pretty much anything else. It's almost, almost ridiculous. Right now i'm taking a lunch from painting Bible verses on butcher paper. It's not a glamourous job for sure. I have to wonder why God put me in this position. I thought, 'hmm, i must not have gotten the children's position, because i've spent my life around kids and there isn't really a lot 'new' i can learn in that position. Maybe i got this position so i'll be ready if and when i get to open the bakery.' But really I'm clueless. This job has given me nothing but grief since the week I started. Between people trying to boss me all over the place and being told that I'm basically a moron, I haven't found the joy I was hoping for. So I go back to the trusty question of 'what God?' What does He want me to gain from this, if anything. If I am here strictly to act as a jumping point for someone else to learn from I sure don't get it. Right now the only thing I do know is that God is in control and eventually He will tell me something.

I also spent last night making fried chicken (coated, not crispy) and potato salad for Spc Brown's family, because his grandfather's memorial service is tomorrow. Let me tell you... good stuff!

No comments: