Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cleaning

Today I am cleaning the house top to bottom. My mom is coming on Friday so I have to get things in order around here. Not that it matters. With two puppies in the house I have to clean dog hair off the couch every single day. Whoever said that beagles don't shed are liars.
I didn't clean at all yesterday. Not a drop. I didn't check my email or use my phone or anything. I just sat and read ALL day long I read The Devil Wears Prada all day yesterday. Very good book, but uses the f word for no real reason throughout. And that makes me wonder, because I really like the girl from princess diaries and I don't want to see this movie if she's going to be strutting around saying 'f' 'f' 'f' throughout. Other than that, pretty funny, pretty catty, and pretty long.
so, I didn't do anything. It was great. I think that everyone everywhere should do this. You always hear that nobody has time to do anything , because there is so much going on during the day that needs to be tended to. And I used to be one of those people, but no longer! I am living proof! You can take a day off to read a book, lay around, watch movies, do whatever it is that makes you smile... And the world will continue. And all of those things you thought you absolutely had to do, will still be waiting on you the next day. And most of the time you'll realize that some of it wasn't that life or death and really didn't need to be done in the first place. What a thought! Everyone taking some time to rejuvenate themselves and finish things the next day when you feel refreshed. I have decided (and rob has agreed) that at least once a month I will take a full day to do exactly whatever I want in the world and he can do the same! And at least once a week there will be an evening that is spent in complete leisure. Take some advice from a reborn slacker; do something for yourself for more than an hour. See for yourself.

No comments: