Saturday, June 17, 2006

we have lift off



rob and i took my cookies to plumes this afternoon. the owners weren't there, but we didn't expect them to be. so we left them there with the worker girl and the manager. there are 1/2 dozen of the choc. chip, oatmeal, and oatmeal raisin. i wrapped each cookie individually and placed my new label on the back with all of my info. then i put them in a soft pink box and used my lime green ribbon with white polkadots and tied a bow and put my new business cards tucked in. presentation is how you get your foot in the door, right? anyway, i thought i might just have myself a mini heart attack with all of this excitement and sheer pressure! with all of my nerves on end we left them there. it was like taking the biggest test ever and waiting for a grade, or applying for the dream school and waiting for the yes or no letter... it's like one of the most nerve racking experiences EVER! and i doubt anything will come of it. i truly do. and that really is okay. it would be just so validating to hear that someone other than family and friends thinks i'm good. someone that doesn't care if my feelings get hurt. brutal honesty... i feel like i'm going to be sick...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute box! How much are you selling the cookies for? You know they say it takes any new business time to get off the ground, so just be patient! Keep us "posted" - ha ha

auntkasey said...

well em, i'm not sure. i know how much most cookies around here in different shops, but i don't know the deal that has been made between vendor and merchant. i don't know what the merchant's actual profit from each cookie is. all i know is tell me their bottom line, and i'll beat it. that's desperation at it's finest!

auntkasey said...

thanks val!!