Thursday, June 22, 2006

mae

today was nice. i was able to get a lot accomplished today before rob got home. then we went to see The Lake House. it was good. the first is kinda lame, but what do you expect? over all i liked it very much. then we went to california pizza kitchen (one of rob's favorite spots) and had pizza. mine was santa fe chicken. not exactly the pizza you'd think. there wasn't even sauce on it. but it wasn't bad.
do you ever have days where it's just kinda blah. lately i've accumulated quite the collection of these days. i think i am just so ready to come home. i miss my family so much on days like this. i think back to the week we got to spend together before we moved out here. i cherish that week. i miss my sister and brothers. i miss my mom even though i saw her a short time ago. and mostly i miss maelie. i feel like i miss her more each day. and i barely know her. i guess i just always thought that when the day came for me to be an aunt, i would actually be there to be a support for my sister, and even more to be there to see my niece or nephew grow. i think about that week we shared together and how much she has grown since i last held her. i see her pictures and it lights my entire day. she's gotten so big. i hope one day i can be in her life like i want to be, and her brothers and sisters. i hope one day she'll have the same fond memories of times she spent with me like i do of my own aunt. emily tell her that i love her everyday and i will see her soon. i miss you guys.

1 comment:

Emily said...

She misses you , too, Kase. But don't think that you guys aren't a part of her little life. We talk about you all the time and she even gets to hear you talk to her through her bear. I've started the count down with her - "Three more weeks til Aunt Kasey comes!" I can't help but think that she's as excited as I am!