Thursday, June 29, 2006

nothing much

that's pretty much what's going on these days.
i have 17 days until i get to go home!! i'm so excited! i've been walking on the treadmill and watching what's going into my mouth so that i can shed a few lbs before i get home, because i am pretty sure it will be mi hac 3 square meals a day! and chick-fil-a... and freebirds... and mi hac... and chicken express... and mexican inn... and mi hac... and logans... and... do you know how long it has been since i had a reasonably priced GOOD meal?! two months!! living here actually makes me long for san antonio. all the great food everywhere that doesn't cost $35 for a burger. we went to this 'real' italian place and well, it sucked and still cost $30 for lunch!!! can you believe that? and the problem is I Love Food. i'll admit it. i'm a food junkie. i love the way it smells. i don't even have to eat it. i just love good food. and when you leave it, you miss it. the best place around here is Chevy's (20 miles away) and bubba gump shrimp ($30 a plate).
so i have made rob promise me that if i come back as big as a couch he will still love me. he was hesitant, but i think i won him over. i make a good cookie. that's worth sticking around for.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I woke Maelie up this morning telling her "seventeen more days!" She smiled and peed on my bed, which I can only assume means "yea!!" in baby talk. Maelie has a new jogging stroller that she LOVES so maybe we can walk off a little of the mi hac while you're here. I'd hate for Rob to decide the cookies aren't worth it and kick you to the curb...

auntkasey said...

good girl mae! way to be excited about seeing your tia!
sucks about the bed em. truly sorry. didn't teach her that one.
i can't wait to be home! two weeks from sunday!! who's picking me up at the airport?